Amazon Best Selling Prime

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Hoonuit: Individualized Professional Development Solution For Everyone

Hoonuit (formerly Atomic Learning) offers individual educators, schools, and entire districts a customized way to choose, present, and assess professional development!  I started using these modules when I was in a district that went out of it's way to throw training at us that was the "Flaming Train Wreck" of the moment.  It seemed, even while I was getting my Masters Degree, that everyone was trying to promote whatever the most popular education ideas were week-to-week. 


As a new teacher, without a mentor, I was looking for a way to stay ahead of technology advances for presenting lessons and multimedia.  I was lucky enough to be selected to go to the D-School at Stanford University for an immersive 3-day training to help reconfigure my classroom with design-thinking as a set of core ideals.  I wanted a way to turn my standard, lifeless class (previous instructors) into a full bore example of how project-based learning can inspire students to reconsider the conditions they find themselves in.

I also found I was the Technology Teacher Leader for the building, and anyone else in the district who wanted to email me a "how-to" question.  I felt very happy to help, but overwhelmed by the flood of calls and messages from everyone.  I started to produce a series of instruction emails that I could copy and send out.  These emails were simple tasks that I could use to teach basic technology interface, application uses, and tips & tricks that I had found while navigating the district site, and other applications (gradebooks, websites, wiki's, etc.). 

I seemed to provide the same help to every school I worked at.  It was not until 2016 that I found, and was totally amazed by the Hoonuit platform!  All of the modules and learning activities were so similar to the tasks and lists of procedures I had created.  I knew that I would be able to send people to Atomic Learning, and know that they would be able to learn for themselves all of the types of skills they would need to survive in the modern classroom.  I also really liked the fact that I could access projects and learning ideas for my Computer Skills & Applications class.  

There are so many different modules.  They range from the very basic (How to use Hoonuit) to MS Office, Google Applications, Classroom Management, and many other popular subjects.  They are set up to be easily accessed, and can be used for individual training, presentations and projects for your school, professional learning groups, and even district-wide events (depending on the level of access your district chooses).  I have already completed some of the modules on creating websites, using different digital applications, and some of the titles on audio/video projects.  I especially liked the session on Google Sites.  

Hoonuit Introduction Video (Youtube)



(Use The Code SCRIB To Sign Up)







No comments:

Post a Comment

EdTechFundamentals Daily "Educational Technology For Every Educator, Everywhere!"