VIDEO GAME DESIGN INVESTIGATION PROJECT
Explanation Video (VIMEO) Link: https://vimeo.com/59319035
Today you will spend some time working on GAMESTAR MECHANIC! This is an introductory program to teach the basics of creating video games. Please use the link below to join our class:
Enjoy today's fun day, and be ready to work on creating web sites next week. Relax and Enjoy this reward for your hard work over the last few weeks!
- Mr. S
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- CLICK THE LINK ABOVE
- Look For "I Do Not Have An Account"
- Click "I AM AUTHORIZED TO JOIN THIS CLASS"
- TYPE In A USERNAME (Your Choice But Appropriate)
- TYPE In A PASSWORD and CONFIRM IT (Same Password Twice)
- ENTER Birthday
- ENTER First Name and Last Name
- CHECK BOX "I Have Read And Agree To Terms"
- CLICK REGISTER
- CLICK ON ONE PICTURE FOR EACH GROUP, REMEMBER YOUR CHOICES
- CLICK THE SAME PICTURES AGAIN TO VERIFY YOUR CHOICES (You Will Use These If You Forget Your Password)
- CLICK "QUEST" And Complete Each Level To Get More Items To Use In A Game You Will Design
- GOOD LUCK! HAVE FUN!
Scholars use a link provided on the class website to begin learning about how video games are created. Each scholar will work on their own to work through the storyline and levels of the game-making process. Scholars will be required to use Peer Mentoring to help each other through difficult levels prior to instructor intervention.
STUDENTS WILL ENTER THE CLASS QUIETLY AND BEGIN WORKING!
STUDENTS MUST START BY READING ALL DIRECTIONS ON CLASS WEBSITE!
Scholars will create individual accounts on Gamestar Mechanic using the link provided on the class website. Scholars will work independently on each level of the storyline to begin creating a video game.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE TODAY!
Standards Covered In This Class
PA 3.7.7 & 11 Section C / ISTE 2011
CSTA Tied With Common Core ELA/Math rev. 2014